Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Resolution

"Your word have I treasured in my heart, that I many not sin against You." Psalm 119:11

About 4 years ago I decided to make a New Year's Resolution. I know, we all do them and most often then not they only last a few months at the most. As time goes on the desire to do something or be something better lessens until we're back to our old self. That year I decided to read through my Bible in one year. I had only done that once in my life and many attempts to do it again always failed. That year I decided would be different. And different it was because it's something I've done every year since.

I want to challenge you to join me this year. It's not hard and when you start doing it you really do learn more about the Bible and what God is calling you to be. I know some of the Old Testament is rather boring and sometimes confusing but if it's read often it starts to sink in and make sense. You begin to see why you should read it and how important it is to what Jesus did for us which is recorded in the New Testament.

I will post a Bible reading guide at the bottom of each devotional thought. I will give you a variety of ways to read through the Bible so you can choose which one fits your personality and needs. I will also be adding a weekend Bible Reading post so you can keep going every day.

The Bible reading guides will be taken from Back to the Bible

See you all in the new year!!

Krista Jones

No comments: