Friday, February 13, 2009

Are You Protecting Your Eyes?

I'm now reading through the Psalms which has been an uplifting experience. I came across a verse that I've have seemed to have ignored or skipped over, "Keep me as the apple of the eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings." Psalm 17:8

My study notes about "apple of the eye" refer me to Deuteronomy 32:10, "He found him in a desert land, and in the howling waste of a wilderness; He encircled him, He cared for him, He guarded him as the pupil of His eye." My study notes say of pupil of His eye that it's referring to the delicate part of the eye that is essential for vision and that therefore must be protected at all costs. The pupil of the eye is the opening that is located in the center of the iris of the eye. It controls the amount of light that enters the eye.

We need to be careful with what we allow to enter into our lives. We must not allow those thing that will cause harm to become a part of us and blur our vision. It is good to know that we have a Father who is concerned with protecting us and guarding us in the shadow of His wings.

Are you protecting your eyes?

Krista Jones
6.16.08


Bible Reading Guide:

Beginning to End: Numbers 5-6
Old and New Testaments Together: Leviticus 14 & Matthew 26:51-75
Historical: Numbers 5-6
Chronological: Leviticus 1-4
Blended: Isaiah 56-58 & Mark 13:21-37

The Bible reading guides will be taken from Back to the Bible

No comments: