Monday, September 28, 2009

My Lover, My Friend

"His mouth is sweetness itself; he is altogether lovely. This is my lover, this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem." Song of Songs. 5:16

In knowing and loving you
Deeply
I have become a part of the ground-spring
of love
Which is God.

Sometimes I realize
I have looked at you so often
I hardly see you.
You are more a feeling than a face,
A feeling of what you mean to me,
What you share with me,
What you do for me . . .
But I must remember you have your
own face,
Are your own person.

And to that person I owe
Al the gentleness and respect and sense of wonder
I owe God.
For you are God come closer to me
Than in any other face.

By Gladis and Gordon DePree, taken from "Women's Devotional Bible 2"

Bible Reading Guide:

Beginning to End: Haggai
Old and New Testaments Together: Isaiah 5-6 & Eph. 1
Historical: 2 Chron. 11-14
Chronological: Neh. 8-10
Blended: Ezek. 20-21 & John 12:27-50

The Bible reading guides will be taken from Back to the Bible

No comments: