Monday, January 01, 2007

He is Faithful

"He is faithful that promised." Hebrews 10:23

God's power will keep God's promises! Promises for the soul, promises for the body, promises for others, promises for our work, promises for our business, promises for time and for eternity: these are all ours! It is not your weakiness that can defeat God's promise, nor your strength that can fulfill the promise: He that spoke the Word will Himself make it good. It is neither your business nor mine to keep God's promises: that is His grace.

The signed check is given us. How foolish if we fear to present it! Never yet has one single check been dishonoured! "He is faithful that promised."

I take; He undertakes!

We may pray much over a promise, and yet never obtain it. Askikng is not taking. Beseeching is not claiming.

I clasp the hand of Love divine,
I claim the gracious promise mine,
And add to His my countersign.
I take, He undertakes.

I simply take Him at His Word;
I praise Him that my prayer is heard
And claim my answer from the Lord.
I take, He undertakes.

- Dr. A. B. Simpson

Remember what you take is all you will ever get.

By Mrs. Charles E. Cowman taken from "Springs in the Valley"

No comments: