Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Are you Thirsty?

"If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink. he that believeth on Me, . . . from within him (his innermost being) shall flow rivers of living water." John 7:37, 38

While there is in my heart an unsatisfied longing, there is available to a corresponding "fullness." As long as my innermost being is not an effervescent spring, I have not received all that God has for me.

"But this spake He of the Spirit, which they that believe on Him should receive." Thank God, then, there is a way! There is an ocean of god's fullness into which I may "launch out!" There is a new venture, an experience more revolutionizing and satisfying than any I have ever known! - Anna J. Lindgren

Ho! ev'ry one that is thirsty in spirit,
Ho! ev'ry one that is weary and sad,
Come to the fountain, there's fullness in Jesus,
All that you're longing for, come and be glad.

Child of the world, are you tired of your bondage?
Weary of earth-joys, so false, so untrue;
Thirsting for God, and His fullness of blessing?
List to the promise - a message for you.

Child of the kingdom, be filled with the Spirit,
Nothing but fullness thy longing can meet,
'Tis the enduement for life and for service;
Thine is the promise, so certain, so sweet.

"I will pour water on him that is thirsty,
I will pour floods upon the dry ground;
Open your heart for the gift I am bringing,
While ye are seeking me, I will be found."

Lucy J. Rider

By Charles E. Fuller & J. Elwin Wright, taken from "Manna in the Morning"

No comments: