Wednesday, November 14, 2007

God's Love Song

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

This verse will be familiar to most of you who went to the NHCC Women's Retreat. At the retreat we went through the book of Zephaniah. Yes, you read right - Zephaniah. It's a small book located in the Old Testament between Habakkuk and Haggai. It's not one I would go to often unless I'm at that point in my Bible reading.

Zephaniah 3:17 is the one verse I fell in love with. It says everything I see God as being. I see this as God's Love Song to me. It speaks of how He's always with us. It says that He saves us. It says that He takes great delight in us. WOW, He delights in me? I can't imagine since it seems that I let Him down every day of my life. And yet, He is like a Father who loves his children unconditionally no matter what they do. He delights in us so much that He rejoices over us with singing.

"He will quiet you with His love" is especially meaningful to me this week. In my crazy week I come to this verse today and see that His hand is covering over me. Rocking me gently until I become still and quiet. Until I feel the warmth of His love overpower and calm me.

The Lord truly loves His children (you). No matter who you are or what you've done you can ALWAYS turn to Him. Turn to Him for the first time; after many years or in your time of need. He delights in you!

Krista Jones
12.12.07

No comments: