Friday, January 16, 2009

Just Call Me Ma!

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her." Proverbs 31:28

Fortunate woman!
My children usually arise and call me, "Ma!"
"Ma! Where are you?"
"Ma! Where is my blue shirt?"
"Ma! What's for supper?"
"Ma! Can you give me a ride to the football game?"
"Ma!!"

I wonder, does anyone know that my real namem is twice as long as the one I"m usually called? "Ma!"

My husband enters and calls me "Dear" or "Babe" or "Hon." Granted each name is longer than "Ma," but they don't reflect the real me.

Or do they? "Ma" is the one who can be depended on to provide the ride the money, the answer to the homework crisis and the meatloaf for supper. "Dear" provides the companionship, "Hon" provides the listening ear and "Babe" provides the back rub.

My children may never rise up and call me blessed. But I'll settle for "Ma!"

Dear Lord, help me to remember that who I am in my family is probably the most important who I am.

By Jean E. Syswerda taken from "Women's Devotional Bible"

Bible Reading:

Beginning to End: Genesis 46-47
Old and New Testaments Together: Genesis 39-40 & Matthew 11
Historical: Genesis 46-47
Chronological: Genesis 12-15
Blended: Genesis 39-40 & Romans 13

The Bible reading guides will be taken from Back to the Bible

No comments: