Monday, March 09, 2009

A Home for Your Heart

"Lord, I love the Temple where you lie,m where your glory is." Psalm 26:8

When it comes to resting your soul, there is no place like the Great House of God. "I'm asking Yahweh for one thing," (David) wrote, "only one thing: to live with him in his house my whole life long. I'll contemplate his beauty, I"ll study at his feet. That' the only quiet secure place in a noisy world." (Ps. 27:4-)

If you could ask God for one thing, what would you request? David tells us what he would ask. He longs to live in the house of God. I emphasize the word live, because it deserves to be emphasized. David doesn't want to chat. He doesn't desire a cup of coffee on the back porch. HE doesn't ask for a meal or to spend an evening in God's house. He wants to move in with him . . . forever. He's asking for his own room . . . permanently. He doesn't want to be stationed in God's house, he longs to retire there. He doesn't seek a temporary assignment, but rather lifelong residence. - The Great House of God

By Max Lucado taken from "Grace for the Moment"


Bible Reading Guide:

Beginning to End: Deut. 30-31
Old and New Testaments Together: Deut. 7-9 & Mark 11:19-33
Historical: Deut. 30-31
Chronological: Numbers 33-34
Blended: Job 8-10 & I Cor. 4

The Bible reading guides will be taken from Back to the Bible

No comments: