Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Morning Thoughts

If you know me you will know that I'm a person who loves to get up with the birds and spend time with the Lord. I especially love it when spring comes around and I can watch the day awaken and listen to the birds sing their songs. And spending time with the Lord always awakens me along with nature.

Over the past year I've also started to dive into photography. My heart sings and feels one with God when I go on a photo walk and photograph nature. I love to stop look and listen to what's around me and train my eyes to see the smallest detail God has created for me to enjoy.

Below is my journal entry one summer morning after seeing, listening and feeling the world wake up.

"O God, You are my God, I shall seek You earnestly; my soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You. In a dry and weary land where there is no water. Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better then life, my lips will praise You. So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth offers praises with joyful lips. When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. Fro You have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I sing for joy. My soul clings to You: Your right hand upholds me." Psalm 63:1-8

"By awesome deeds You answered us in righteousness, O God of our salvation, You who are the trust of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest sea; who establishes the mountains by His strength, being girded with might; who stills the roaring of the seas, the roaring of their waves, and the tumult of the peoples. They who dwell in the ends of the earth stand in awe of Your signs; You make the dawn and the sunset shout for joy." Psalm 65:5-8

I love the last part, "You make the dawn and the sunset shout for joy." Anyone who has taken the time to watch the sun rise or set can literally hear it especially in the morning. It's like the earth and animals wake up with it and start to sing their morning songs. I especially like watching sunsets on the ocean beach. Listening to the waves crash against the shore as it says good night to the sun and the gulls cry out as they take their last flight over the sand.

Thank you Lord for the beautiful world you created us to live in, for blessing me with your grace and salvation and making my dawn and sunset shout for joy with you.

Krista Jones
6.24.08


Bible Reading Guide:

Beginning to End: Neh. 8-9
Old and New Testaments Together: 2 Chron. 1-3 & John 10:1-23
Historical: Jeremiah 46-48
Chronological: I Chron. 26-29 & Psalm 127
Blended: 2 Kings 15-16 & Matthew 14:22-36

The Bible reading guides will be taken from Back to the Bible

No comments: