Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Morsel of Kindness

"Suppose someone has enough to live and sees a brother or sister in need but does not help. Then God's love is not living in that person." I John 3:17

Leo Tolstoy, the great Russian writer, tells of the time he was walking down the street and passed a beggar. Tolstoy reached into his pocket to vie the beggar some money, but his pocket was empty. Tolstoy turned to the man and said, "I'm sorry, my brother, but I have nothing to give."

The beggar brightened and said, "You have given me more than I asked for - you have called me brother."

To the loved, a word of affection is a morsel, but to the love-starved, a word of affection can be a feast. - He Still Moves Mountains

By Max Lucado, taken from "Grace for the Moment"


Bible Reading Guide:

Beginning to End: Neh. 7
Old and New Testaments Together: I Chron. 28-29 & John 9:24-41
Historical: Jeremiah 42-45
Chronological: Psalm 131, 138-139 & 143-145
Blended: 2 Kings 13-14 & Matthew 14:1-21

The Bible reading guides will be taken from Back to the BibleA

No comments: