Friday, August 14, 2009

Lover of My Soul

"My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hiding places on the mountainside, show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely." Song of Songs 2:14

When I approach the Lord in prayer, I relate to Him in different ways. Occasionally I talk with Him as my elder brother, which He is. If I"m under spiritual attack, I'll go to HIm in prayer as the captain of my soul. HE is my friend when I want to pour out my heart. I even have single friends who look up to the Lord as their husband, as it says in Isaiah 54:5.

Lately, I've enjoyed relating to my Savior as the lover of my soul. And when I want to tell the Lord how much I adore Him, I sue the language of love in Song of Songs. This beautiful book of the Bible is more than just a love poem; it's a picture of the love relationship between the bridegroom and his bride.

From your heart, tell Jesus that He is the fairest of ten thousand. Praise Him for being altogether lovely. Let Him know that His love is better than wine. He is the rose of Sharon, the lily of the valley."

By Joni Eareckson Tada, taken from "Women's Devotional Bible 2"

By John MacArthur, taken from "Truth for Today"

Beginning to End: Jeremiah 7-9
Old and New Testaments Together: Psalm 89-90 & Romans 14
Historical: Job 32-34
Chronological: Jeremiah 26-29
Blended: Psalm 89-90 & I Peter 4

The Bible reading guides will be taken from Back to the Bible

No comments: