Monday, October 15, 2007

I Need Some Help

"Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Psalm 51:12

God,
I need some outside help tonight.
I want so much to be free,
But I don't feel free.

I know it all in my head
that your life is living in me,
that my life is a miracle,
But in my heart
It seems as if life is pressing in on me
And squeezing me,
Until I feel empty and limp.

Free . . .
What can that word mean
When my life belongs to so many other people,
When i get squeezed between the generation gap
And the tax bill,
And I want o walk out of the door and
keep on walking and never stop . . .
then what does it mean to be free?
God,
I need some help outside myself tonight.

By Gladis and Gordon DePree, taken from "Women's Devotional Bible 2"

No comments: