Friday, October 19, 2007

A New Creature

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Salvation is not an improvement of the old nature. God doesn't take the old nature and fix it up by reforming it. No, the old nature is dead in trespasses and sins. When you become a new creature in Christ Jesus you have the new nature, God's nature, imparted to you. Old things pass away and ALL THINGS become new. As you once loved the things of the world, now you will turn away from them because you have different affections. Once you had no taste for the church or prayer meetings. Now you love the brethern; you love times of spiritual fellowship. Once you had no interest in God's Word. now it is meat and drink to your soul. Once you craved sinful pleasures. Now it is your highest pleasure to do His will. Once your time was occupied with scheming and working for money and success. Now you have found eternal riches in Him.

Why? Because you have the very nature of God transplanted into your heart." - Charles E. Fuller

Search me, O God, search me and know my heart,
Try me and prove me in the hidden part;
Cleanse me and make me holy as Thou art,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

Thou art the same today and yesterday,
O make Thy life in me the same alway,
Take from my heart the things that pass away;
Lead, lead me in the way everlasting.

Give me the heart that naught can change nor chill,
The love that loves unchanged through good or ill,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

Take my poor heart and only let me love
The things that always shall abiding prove;
Bind all my heart-strings to the world above,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

A. B. Simpson

No comments: