Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Grief

Grief. It comes in many shapes and sizes nor does everyone grieve in the same way. This week our community is grieving over the loss of a child who died a senseless death. This child was in my daughter's class and her friend. As her parents we were the ones who had to tell our girls that he had passed away. It's not something you'd think you would ever have to talk about because children shouldn't have to die. As I was having lunch with my oldest I overheard one of her classmates say that "he was just too young to die."

I grieve for his parents and siblings. I grieve for the classmates who are experiencing a new kind of pain that many have never felt before. I grieve over the loss of never seeing this child again. Never having him come up to me in the mornings with a smile on his face asking how I'm doing. I grieve over watching my girls sort through their feelings and deal with how to cope with their loss. Will the pain for them ever go away?

Tonight I came across a verse that gave me comfort. Psalm 147:3 says, "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." In time God can bring healing to the family who lost their son. He can bring healing to our community who lost a friend, student and all around wonderful person. I pray that whatever you're dealing with that you can take comfort in knowing you aren't alone. That the Lord will heal your broken heart and bind up your wounds. Turn to Him and allow Him into your life so He can begin the healing process. He's only a prayer away.

Krista Jones
3.11.08

No comments: