Monday, June 02, 2008

Loving the Psalms!

I love the Psalms. No matter what you're dealing with, it has some nugget to impart upon you. Last night I came across Psalm 86: 4-7, "Make glad the soul of Your servant, for to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You. Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; and give heed to the voice of my supplications! In the day of my trouble I shall call upon You, for You will answer me."

Isn't it wonderful that our loving Lord hears our prayers? There are days when I pray and it seems like my prayers aren't being heard because nothing is happening. But it doesn't mean that God hasn't heard me. He knows me, those I pray for and the situations I'm in better then I do. For whatever reason, growth, patience or timing need to be just right. If I flew headlong into something I think needs to happen I will most definitely mess it up. But if I pray and wait upon the Lord, He will guide me and bring about answers in just the right way.

Krista Jones
2.10.08

No comments: