Friday, September 19, 2008

God is the Strength of Your Heart

Psalms 73:25-26 says, "Whom have I in heave but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

This Psalmist was a Levite and knew the meaning of the Lord being his portion forever. A Levite lived by the tithes of the people and didn't have a portion of the promised land. In fact, God was their portion. He is saying here that the Lord is his life forever.

In my margin next to Ps. 73:26 it says, "When we feel the stress of the storm we learn the strength of the anchor." I'm feeling like this is my motto for the year. Right now I'm feeling discouraged, tried, uncertain and not liking myself for who I am. I know I feel this way because of what I put into myself. My portion has been coming from the world and seeping into the portion I get from God. I still do my daily devotional time but it's not as effective as keeping me spiritually fit because I still eat the junk food of the world. I yearn to be like this Levite Psalmist who's life is all about literally knowing his livelihood comes from God. That nothing He desires on earth compares to God.

When you're feeling like your heart and flesh are failing you, know that God is the strength of you heart and your portion forever. But if you continue to fill yourself up with things that are not of the Lord you will continue to feel like I have been. Turn to the Lord and soak up all He has to bless you with. Open the Bible find what treasures He has left for you to find. When you do that you will find that God is your strength.

"The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exalt over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy."

Krista Jones
2.25.08

No comments: