Monday, June 22, 2009

This is the way

"Therefore the Lord longs to be gracious to you, and therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you. For the Lord is a God of justice; How blessed are all those who long for Him. O people in Zion, inhabitant in Jerusalem, you will weep no longer. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when He hears it, He will answer you. Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher. Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left." Isaiah 30:18-21

The above verse was given to me when I was sitting up late at night the night before I was to attend Ecola Bible School in 1991. I remember being uneasy because I didn't know truly if this was what I should have been doing and I was fearful of being away from home where I didn't know anyone. As I read through Isaiah I came across Isaiah 30:21. It was like the Lord was telling me this was indeed the direction He wanted me to go. Over the years I've grown to love the verses above verse 21. I hope that the Lord will speak to you through these verses like He's spoken to me through them.

Krista Jones
8.4.08

Bible Reading Guide:

Beginning to End: Psalm 46-50
Old and New Testaments Together: Esther 6-8 & Acts 6
Historical: Nahum & Habakkuk
Chronological: Proverbs 30-31
Blended: Jeremiah 46-47 & Matthew 28

The Bible reading guides will be taken from Back to the Bible

No comments: