Thursday, July 09, 2009

Devotional Thoughts

"They will not hunger or thirst, nor will the scorching heat or sun strike them down: For He who has compassion on them will lead them and will guide them to springs of living water." Isaiah 49:10

I love how this verse is pointing us to heaven. A place where we will not hunger, thirst or be struck down. We will be lead to the ultimate living water! From this verse I am lead to a few verses in Revelations which speak of what Heaven is going to be like. Rev. 7:16-17 says, "They will hunger no longer, nor thirst anymore; nor will the sun beat down on them, nor any heat; for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."

I cannot wait for the day when all my tears will be wiped away and I can drink from the Springs of the Water of Life 24/7!!

Here are a few quotes I came across in my devotional reading:

"Come my heart, be calm and hopeful today. Clouds may gather, but the lord can blow them away. Since God will not fail me, my faith shall not fail; and, as He will not forsake me, neither will I forsake Him. Oh! for a restful faith!" - C. H. Spurgeon

"God does not grant the necessary grace before the trial. He builds the bridge when we reach the trial. We often fear that we shall sink under the fiery trials that we see others endure. We see in the distance and are afraid of the mystery and anguish of what is to befall us; but we have not yet reached the crisis, and grace is not vouchsafed before it is needed. 'Jesus comes with our distress.'" - Mrs. Charles E. Cowman

"If you will do all the possible things, God will take care of the impossible."

Krista Jones
8.8.09


Bible Reading Guide:

Beginning to End: Psalm 120-132
Old and New Testaments Together: Job 38-40 & Acts 16:1-21
Historical: Psalm 70-73
Chronological: Isaiah 1-4
Blended: Obadiah & Acts 8:1-25

The Bible reading guides will be taken from Back to the Bible

No comments: