Monday, July 06, 2009

Wait in Faith

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary." Isaiah 40:27-31

My study notes on this verse say, "As in many psalms of praise, Isaiah now stresses the goodness of God after describing His majesty. Such a God is able to deliver and restore His distressed people if they will wait in faith for Him to act. They are to trust in Him and draw strength from Him."

In the margin of my Bible I wrote the date 3-23-01 and beside it, "Treatment is over . . . very tired . . . Lord give me strength!" I had just completed 6 months of treatment: Chemo, Rituxan and 17 days of Radiation. I was growing fuzzy hair on my head, had a burned, pealing gooy round spot on my leg from the radiation, was overweight, had yellow skin, my fingers were numbed by the chemo and I was exhausted. Now that everything was over Eric let his guard down and got sick for 3 months. He slept and was depressed. Poor guy went through so much and kept going even when he had no strength that when he let his guard down he fell down.

I had no idea what was to happen next. I was lost in the fact that I had just completed my goal of getting through treatment and now I had no goals to reach other then go from one stressful scan and appointment to another waiting for the dreaded disease to come back. Like the people of Israel, God had delivered me and was in the process of restoring me. My new goal was to wait in faith for Him to show me the way. In doing so I had to continually draw upon Him for strength. And I did so gladly.

Krista Jones
8.6.08


Bible Reading Guide:

Beginning to End: Psalm 115-118
Old and New Testaments Together: Job 32-33 & Acts 14
Historical: Psalm 51-57
Chronological: 2 Kings 14 & 2 Chron. 25
Blended: Deut. 28-29 & Acts 7:1-21

The Bible reading guides will be taken from Back to the Bible

No comments: