Friday, November 24, 2006

Surrender

I'm giving you my heart, and all that is within
I lay it all down for the sake of you my King
I'm giving you my dreams, I'm laying down my rights
I'm giving up my pride for the promise of new life

And I surrender all to you, all to you
And I surrender all to you, all to you

I'm singing You this song, I'm waiting at the cross
And all the world holds dear, I count it all as loss
For the sake of knowing You for the glory of Your name
To know the lasting joy, even sharing in Your pain

Surrender - Words and Music by Marc James

This song was sung during our worship service on Sunday. It's a great song and one I get lost in. Yet, when I step out of the emotions it brings forth and read the words I find that I'm ashamed of myself. I'm ashamed because I've often failed to surrender all to the Lord. Do you find yourself singing these words yet start out Monday morning not thinking twice about them? Do you give your all to the Lord or just when it suites your needs and purpose? Is He your last resort when all around you is falling apart? I ask these questions because they're questions I ask myself. I've been pondering what it means to surrender.

How do we surrender to God? I would think you would do this by getting to know Him. Know that He loves you and you are safe with Him. That way you can feel like you can surrender all to Him. The key is KNOWING Him. Part of surrendering your all to God is taking the time to be with Him in His word (the Bible) and in prayer. To fellowship with a body of Believers. To be involved in some type of study with someone else or a group. I agree that it's time consuming and we live in a society that doesn't allow us to slow down. But we have to slow down and go against the flow in order to know God. If we don't we completely miss the whole purpose for what life is all about.

What is your life about? Why are you here? Do you just go through the motions of living but wonder what's the point? Jesus says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16. If you don’t know Jesus pick up a Bible and read the book of John. Find someone who knows Him and ask questions. God sent His son Jesus to die on the cross for you, to save you and give you eternal life. If you are a Believer your roll in life is to reach out to those who don’t know Him. To share the joy and peace you have because He is in your life. Are you ready to surrender to Him?

Krista Jones
11.21.06

No comments: