Monday, December 18, 2006

The Lord's Love

"Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought to love one another." 1 John 4:11

"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." John 13:35

Do I find love so full in my nature, God's ultimate gift,
That I doubt His own love can compete with it? Here, the parts shift?
Here, the creature surpass the Creator,--the end, what Began?
Would I fain in my impotent yearning do all for this man,
And dare doubt He alone shall not help him, who yet alone can? - ROBERT BROWNING

"COME unto me," says the holy Jesus, "all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will refresh you." Beg of Him to be the light and life of your soul; love the sound of His name; for Jesus is the love, the sweetness, the compassionate goodness of the Deity itself; which became man, that so men might have the power to become the sons of God. Love, and pity, and wish well to every soul in the world; dwell in love and then you dwell in God. - WILLIAM LAW

The Lord's love is the love of communicating all that He has to all His creatures; for He desires the happiness of all; and a similar love prevails in those who love Him, because the Lord is in them. - EMANUEL SWEDENBORG


By Mary Wilder Tileston taken from "Joy and Strength"

No comments: