Wednesday, December 27, 2006

To be Satisfied

"They shall be abundantly satisfied." Psalm 36:8

Ask the eagle that splashes in the glory of the sun if it ever longs for its cage away down among the dim, distant earth scenes. If it ever stops to look at the old cage of former days, it is to sing its doxology of deliverance and soar away to its home near the sun.

The life of the Spirit-filled heart is the winged life. The unsurrendered life is the life of the cage. The best that the cage can give is a momentary thrill that soon gives place to a pitiful beating against the bars.

Our precious Saviour, by His death on the cross, proclaims "liberty to the captive," and you may be set free; free not to take refuge on the branches of a nearby tree, but to "rise and walk in heaven's own light, above the world and sin, with heart made pure, and garments white, and Christ enthroned within!"

"They shall be abundantly satisified." The song in your heart will daily be:

"Thou, O Christ, art all I want;
More than all in Thee I find."

Forget the past, throw off your last fear, and leap boldly forward to complete emancipation!

"Oh Christ, in Thee my soul hath found,
And found in Thee alone,
The peace, the joy I sought so lon;
The bliss till now unknown.

"I sighed for rest and happiness,
I yearned for them, not Thee;
But while I passed my Saviour by,
His love laid hold on me.

"I tried the broken cristerns, Lord,
But ah! the waters failed.
E'en as I stooped to drink they'd fled,
And mocked me as I wailed.

"Now none but Christ can satisfy,
None other name for me;
There's love, and life, and lasting joy,
Lord Jesus, found in Thee!"

By Mrs. Charles E. Cowman taken from "Springs in the Valley"

No comments: