Thursday, December 14, 2006

Rejoicing in God's Love

"My soul shall be joyful in the Lord; it shall rejoice in His salvation." Psalms 25:9

"The living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy." 1 Timothy 6:17

"Behold, My servants shall sing for joy of heart." Isaiah 65:14

GIVE me, O Lord, a heart of grace,
A voice of joy, a shining face,
That I may show where'er I turn
Thy love within my soul doth burn!

A tenderness for all that stray,
With strength to help them on the way
A cheerfulness, a heavenly mirth,
Brightening my steps along the earth!

- LADY GILBERT

THOSE who love God are encompassed with gladness on every side, because in every passing moment they see and feel a Father's love, and nothing of this world can take it away or lessen it. - H. L. SIDNEY LEAR

To be happy is properly the beginning of all schemes for making happy. - SARAH W.STEPHEN

My life is so strangely free from all trial and trouble, that I cannot doubt my own happiness is one of the talents entrusted to me to "occupy" with, till the Master shall return, by doing something to make other lives happy. - CHARLES L. DODGSON

By Mary Wilder Tileston taken from "Joy and Strength"

No comments: