Thursday, December 13, 2007

Laughter

"You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you. Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever." Psalm 118:28-29

All of us face times when we wonder if we will ever laugh again . . . I have known these moments and wondered where laughter has gone, only to discover that laughter cloaks itself disguise and springs out from its hiding place to surprise us when we are most garroted with the enormity of life; it shouts, Olly, Olly, oxen free! It invites us to rush to life's game again, to cast aside for a moment the weights of labor and responsibility, and to roll down the greening hillside, over and over, tumbling faster, bumping, plummeting, strangling for air between chortled shouts and gasps.

Laughter is God's good friend!

By Karen Burton Mains, taken from "Women's Devotional Bible 2"

No comments: