Monday, December 31, 2007

Step by Step

"The unfolding of your words gies light; it gives understanding to the simple." Psalm 119:130

When our children were born, my husband and I lovingly cared for them daily. We held them close, rocked them to sleep nd fed them. As they were able, we encouraged them to learn to walk, dress themselves and communicte. We watched excitedly as they grew.

Likewsie, our heavenly Father is actively involved in our growth; He encourages us according to our capabilities and understanding at the time. He does not push us; He waits until we are ready. If God told us everything about ourselves and life all at once, we would be confused and crushed. Instead He teaches us based on our spiritual and emotional age level. God's gentle unfolding plan increases our insight and encourages our consistent growth.

Lord, you are a compassionate and caring Father. Thank you for nurturing my development step by step and giving me understanding just as I need it. Help me to be as patient as you are with my simple and imperfect attempts at gaining maturity.

By Joan C. Webb, taken from "Women's Devotional Bible 2"

No comments: