Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tid-Bits

This morning I finished reading the book of Genesis. Jacob passed away and his sons were fearful that Joseph was still holding a grudge and would act upon it now that their father was dead. Again, the message of forgiveness continues to be played into my heart. Joseph responds to his brother's fears in Gen. 50:19-20, "But Joseph said to them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and your children." And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them." There is no hint of a grudge, anger or anything in what Joseph said. His brothers did a horrible thing to him that set off a series of trials Joseph endured. Yet, because Joseph followed a loving God and rose above his trials, God was able to set in motion His plan. I continue to think of I hold grudges and am not willing to forgive. I pray that I may continue to extend grace and forgiveness and one day I can truly respond like Joseph.

Another tid-bit I discovered but have yet to unpack was Ps. 18:19, "He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me." I liked the last part of this verse where it says, "He rescued me because He delighted in me." The Lord delights in His children. He delights in you and me. What great comfort I get from a verse I've glossed over for many years.

And lastly, a tid-bit from my devotional: "All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen." - Emerson

Krista Jones
1.17.08

No comments: